How Digital Marketing Is Changing the Recruitment Industry
In 1990, a revolutionary technique in the business sector in terms of marketing, called digital marketing was first introduced which changed the face of technology and created history. Digital marketing is a term for all online marketing efforts made by organizations that leverages digital channels such as Google search, different forms of social media, emails, and websites to connect with potential customers in the marketplace. The journey of digital marketing from the year 1990 to 2017 is remarkable. All the organizations have a use for or of digital marketing for almost all their core activities starting from scratch like buying raw materials to the end step like selling their products and everything in between. One of the major exploitation of digital marketing is done by the recruitment industry. Since human resource is a very essential part of an organization, the business sector is taking up digital marketing for recruitment of right employees for the right job for maximum efficiency to achieve the objectives of the organization. The requirement for optimum utilization of employees has given a need to take up digital marketing for recruitment in the recruitment industry.
Digital marketing is changing the recruitment industries tremendously in various aspects:
- Ensures it spreads through various geographical locations: Digital marketing or online marketing is very effective in making vacancies in the organization known as anyone from anywhere across the world, who has access to the internet can be aware of it and if interested, can apply for the job. This paves a way for the organization to get efficient employees from all around the world which helps in maintaining diversity in the workplace.
- Cost effective: Taking up digital marketing for recruitment is a very cost effective way as it involves the use of internet which is very heap in today’s world. Apart from this, to make advertisements digitally, an organization can either do it themselves or can appoint external parties to do the same. Extra cost will have to be incurred by the organization only if the latter is chosen.
- Time effective: Traditional marketing for vacancies can take up a lot of time. It requires proper planning and application of the plan which consumes time which can be used for some other activity. However, digital marketing helps in saving a lot of time of the organization for collecting recruitments for a chosen job. Since it involves designing an advertisement that will attract people seeking for employment to apply for the job, it takes very less time as compared to any other forms of marketing.
- Retention of creative ads in the minds of the people: An attractive marketing strategy, when released in the market to the audience, always stays in their head. This means the people tend to remember attractive strategies that helps in forming the organization’s reputation so that people seeking for employment even in the future will remember it and will apply.
- Shows creativity and innovation of the organizations: Through the help of marketing strategies, the creativity of the organization will be visible which will help in gathering recruitments from the marketplace. Marketing strategies helps in popularizing the organization which will attract skilled people looking for a job to apply for a position in the organization. These creative strategies bring about skilled and knowledgeable workforce into the organization.
- Long lasting: good ad effective marketing strategies last for a long time in the as if people like it, then the organization can continue the same strategy. This will help to attract people who are looking for a job. This will result in skilled candidates being available for the organization. It helps in creating an image of the organization in-front of potential candidates applying to work in the organization.
- Attracts a wide range of candidates: There are various people who can turn out to be potential candidates that might be looking for a similar kind of job that the organization is offering. This helps in attracting the right person for the right job in the organization so that the organizational objectives can be met efficiently within the given span of time. People residing far away, who are eligible for the job can also be aware of the vacancy and can apply.
- Helps in reaching the new generation: the new generation, as we know is very fond of the internet and is very attracted to things that come up on the same. Moreover, organizations are also looking for young, fresh talents to add up to their human resource as they bring out advance technologies, ideas, skills, innovation and creation into the workforce.
- Competition: In the business sector, where competition is very vast and there are numerous competitors in the market, which gives potential candidates a lot of options as to where to apply for a job, adopting digital marketing strategies can help maintaining the competitiveness of the organization with other similar organization. The organization which adopts more attractive marketing strategies tends to attract more skilled manpower for itself.
- Greater exposure: organizations can be seen anywhere in the world from the marketing strategies that they adopt, the cost to do this using traditional method would be considerable. Moreover, once the organization has optimized the key word search content in their marketing strategy, they will likely face a long-term return on their investment and will attract potential candidates which will fairly bring low cost to maintain their ranking.
The above mentioned points show how the digital marketing has changed and are still in the process of changing the recruitment industry in the market. As discussed above, we can conclude by saying that effective digital marketing will attract numerous candidates with various traits, skills, creativity, knowledge, innovational thinking, different ideas, and a lot more.